Frequently Asked Questions
1. Who is Virtual Team Builders?
With nearly thirty years of experience, Virtual Team Builders has helped US, Canadian and International companies improve the efficiency, productivity and effectiveness of their virtual teams. Our world class programs provide you with customized solutions that drive engagement, communication, collaboration and success.
2. What type of virtual team issues do you specialize in?
Virtual team training is ALL we do! Virtual Team Builders is one of the few—possibly the only — recognized Canadian companies that specialize solely on training virtual teams! The company brings nearly two decades of corporate and public-sector training and consulting expertise. We help virtual teams discover and overcome a diverse range of team problems such as:
- Leadership concerns
- Communication difficulties
- Team members feeling disconnected
- Lack of accountability
- Trust concerns
- Lack of collaboration
- Cultural diversity challenges
3. How is Virtual Team Builders different from other online training programs?
Glad you asked!
- Our online training programs are designed to be equally as engaging as face-to-face training sessions
- All of our trainers are fully certified to train online
- All of our real-time online classes use a Producer–this ensures a seamless integration between the trainer, the learner, and the technology!
- We train in English and/or French!
- We are technology-agnostic, which means we use whatever technology you currently have in place
4. Does Virtual Team Builders use a general approach for each client?
Never. We conduct a Virtual Team Effectiveness Assessment followed by one-on-one interviews to identify and gain an in-depth view of the challenges impacting your team. The result is a customized program tailored to each individual organization.
5. Are virtual Team Builders services bilingual?
Oui! We train in English and/or French.
6. What type of face-to-face sessions do you offer?
We conduct live, 1-2 day sessions at the location of your choice! Each energy-packed day provides interactive, hands-on training using real-life examples and best-practices for effectively managing and engaging your team.
7. Do you offer any alternatives to face-to-face training programs?
Of course! We train both synchronously (real-time) as well as asynchronously (self-study) to cultivate individual and team engagement.
8. What type of self-study programs do you offer?
Our self-study programs are available at your convenience, anytime, anywhere!
- Know-on-the-Go Audio: Our library of 7- minute downloadable audios is designed for busy team leaders and team members. They deliver virtual team strategies efficiently, effectively, and effortlessly.
9. How does the Virtual Team Builder’s assessment of client teams differ from other companies?
We are the only company to offer a Virtual Team Effectiveness Assessment that measures the health of the virtual team in 6 core areas of virtual engagement. For a full outline of the core areas click here.
10. What types of learning materials does your company offer?
We offer a comprehensive suite of products and materials geared to the various learning styles of our customers and their virtual teams. This includes books, ebooks, workbooks, DVDs and Audio.
11. Will I have to learn or buy new technologies with your training?
No! We use whatever technology you currently have in place to allow seamless integration and a zero learning curve. If you don’t have access to web-conferencing technology, we will help you find the technology appropriate for your organization.
12. How does Virtual Team Builders ensure a seamless online session?
All of our real-time online classes use Producers. A Producer is a technical support person who ensures that each session runs smoothly. This ensures a seamless integration between the trainer, the learner, and the technology!
13. How do I maintain what I learn with Virtual Team Builders?
Your team trainer will be available to answer questions and provide on-going help for 6 months after the program is completed at no charge to you! You can also continue learning by downloading any of our supporting resources in our marketplace
14. Who would you recommend your services to?
We recommend our services to teams who experience little to no face-to-face communication. Did you know if you are more than 50 feet apart your team begins to act like a virtual team? You become a virtual team if you:
- Work in the same building, different floors
- Work in the same city, different locations
- Work in different cities
- Work in different countries
15. Who is your typical client?
While all our clients have unique requirements and profiles, here are some trends we’ve noted through our decades of experience:
- Companies looking for face-to-face or online training to educate people in how to work virtually
- Companies that realize if they work virtually they should be trained on how to best work virtually
- Companies that have moved to working virtually because they want to reduce costs
- Companies looking for online sessions that are equally interactive as face to face sessions
- Companies who don’t want the “I talk/you listen” training formats
- Companies who need immediate virtual team assistance