The first step towards success in a virtual world
As team members and team managers, we strive for efficiency, productivity and happiness in the work place. Unfortunately, more often than not, one or more of these crucial elements is lacking. This can have severe impacts on individual team members, the team as a whole, and the organization itself. When one or more of these elements break down so do other processes and relationships, causing a plethora of problems on several fronts. These difficulties can be especially compounded when your team works virtually.
The umbrella these elements fall under is employee engagement. Unfortunately this gets thrown around all the time. Of course we all have a general notion of what employee engagement means: an employee’s passion, excitement and commitment to their work and their employer. But, knowing this alone won’t help you find and fix core issues within your team.
Virtual Team Builders offers a variety of assessment tools that support your overall corporate and virtual team objectives. Whether you require a needs review, or a comprehensive assessment of your virtual team, rest assured that our goal is to ensure your virtual team’s success.
Virtual Team Assessment
Our Virtual Team Assessment follows a comprehensive process that examines all aspects of your virtual team’s infrastructure. We combine a one-on-one team leader consultation, with a spectrum of detailed scoring metrics, to diagnose your virtual team’s strengths and challenges in 6 core areas:
- Logistics and Technology
- Social Management
- Social Engagement
- Team Diversity
- Personal Relationship with your job
- Meaningful Relationship with the organization
Following your Virtual Team Assessment, we will provide a report diagnosing the overall health of your virtual team that includes:
- Confidential individual results – each team member will be provided with their top 3 challenges and top 3 strengths. These results are NOT shared with anyone else
- Overall Team scores for each question as well as each section
- Aggregate data – the leader will receive the aggregate data of all the results
- Once we measure the health of your virtual teams we will conduct thorough interviews (live, virtual or combination of the two) with employees who have completed the assessment to determine where your team needs additional assistance.
- A 90-minute consultation between Virtual Team Builders and your organization’s team leader to review and explain:
- The team leader’s own assessment results
- Your virtual team’s results
A detailed report with our findings including a recommendations report and training roadmap
- 1:1 monthly coaching support focused on accelerating the leader’s learning, development and execution of the change effort and the new skill sets.
Based on the results of the Virtual Team Assessment, the interviews and our consultation we will conduct a customized monthly online session that will address the challenges uncovered during the Virtual Team Assessment and interviews.
Virtual Team Needs Review
Before any training programs or course content is developed, we conduct a thorough Needs Review. Through a process of interviews and completion of our questionnaire, we identify the top three challenges your team currently faces and how these challenges are impacting them. The results enable us to customize a program that best supports your overall corporate and virtual team objectives.