Virtual Team-building is skyrocketing! In 2006, 45 million employees worked remotely at least once a week. In 2010, the virtual workforce hit 100 million and to date it continues to steadily rise. But, perhaps more important than the numbers, are the strong impact effective virtual teams are having on their companies – saving costs, boosting productivity, enhancing job satisfaction and improving cash flows and bottom line finances. Successful ‘virtual teams’ are no longer just telecommuters with email and Blackberries. Yet 70% of virtual teams fail to achieve their goal. According to a study performed by MIT, a distance as low as 50 meters can cause dramatic reductions in the frequency of communication between team members, reducing efficiency and hindering innovative thought and damaging engagement.
Making and managing the transition from traditional models of organizational operations to a geographically-dispersed mode requires exceptional interpersonal skills, strong leadership abilities and the ability to communicate … capabilities this session will teach you. Participants in this 2-day workshop will learn how to communicate effectively within a virtual team setting and build a cohesive team that best facilitate communication and collaboration among virtual team members.
At the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Clarify what makes a virtual team successful
- List ways to build trust and camaraderie in a virtual environment
- Define your current processes and brainstorm ways to replicate them virtually
- List techniques to effectively manage your online meetings
- Clarify how to increase engagement by using language effectively
- Describe the role that expectations play and how to manage them
- Analyze how a Team Operating Agreement helps build a cohesive team
- Determine what a Team Operating Agreement should include
- Identify individual behavioural tendencies and how these affect other team members
- Develop strategies for communicating more effectively with individual team members in a virtual world.
- Identify each DiSC behaviour assessment style with only virtual cues
- Develop strategies to adapt your behavioural style to others on your team.
- Create an action plan on how to implement these new skills
Duration: 2 days