Have you ever been frustrated, when working with colleagues from other countries and cultures by the fact that they do things in ways that are fundamentally different to your own? That their priorities in the workplace differ from yours? That they seem to send you mixed messages. Virtual teams face both opportunities and challenges. Many organizations are trying to understand how to manage a multicultural workforce. In this session we will look at some of the challenges you might experience working in a multi-cultural environment and devote time to exploring solutions.
At the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Define Cultural Diversity
- Differentiate between high and low context cultures
- Illustrate how the communication model relates to cultural diversity
- Determine how our personal filters impact our view of the world
- Identify how our messages in language can be misinterpreted
- Clarify the connection between Cultural Diversity and the Team Operating Agreement