Facilitating learning in an online environment is completely different from front-of-the-room training. Virtual learners have specific needs and it’s easy to lose their attention to multitasking, boredom, or conflicting priorities. It’s important to know how to manage virtual dynamics, avoid pitfalls, and engage learners from start to finish. Make learning stick whether you are blending live and online, or teaching in a purely virtual environment. Build on your professional toolkit to incorporate our industry’s best practices to keep your participants engaged and learning.
Making Your Online Learning Stick
All too often, a live on-line session is a one-way event with the speaker addressing the audience and limited audience interaction. With so many distractions, conflicting priorities and multitasking, even participants who want to be there will have a hard time focusing. It doesn’t have to be this way.
During this session, participants will learn how to:
- Review the advanced features of your web conferencing tool.
- Discover effective strategies to increase engagement.
- Discuss strategies to help you manage the challenges in your role as an online facilitator.
- Manage disruptive behaviours during your session.
- Discuss how to conduct meaningful debriefs.
Deliver highly engaging, irresistible online content that is just as interactive as a face-to-face session. Engaging participants in active chats. Using whiteboards and annotation tools for real time collaboration. Facilitating breakout rooms to deepen the learning and create closer connections between your online learners. This is just the first step in making your training experience as brilliant online as you are in a live training room.
How to Jump Start Your Virtual Training Sessions
In general, people make a subconscious judgement in the first few minutes of entering a new situation. They may even come into your online session with a predetermined idea of the experience, particularly if they’ve had a bad virtual training in the past or are not particularly interested in the topic. You only have a few minutes to grab and keep their attention.
In this session you will learn how to:
- Deliver four new and exciting warm-up activities to jump start your session.
- Apply three creative and engaging ways to take attendance.
- Demonstrate techniques to introduce the technology in a non-threatening way.
- Incorporate two after-break activities to re-energize your learners.
- Discover two ways to create an action plan.
At the end of the session you will be able to deliver more meaningful, impactful content in an engaging way right from the beginning of your training session. Keep it going with purposeful collaboration and interactions that are highly engaging and energizing. Take your training to the next level and leave your participants feeling more excited about future learning.
Deliver Live Online Material
Practice makes perfect. You might not want to try out something new in a virtual classroom, where so many things can go wrong. Practicing or testing new skills for the first time can be nerve-racking. We are here to support you while you ramp up your virtual training skills with a practicum where you will have an opportunity to practice a training segment of your choice.
During this program you will have the opportunity to:
- Deliver a 10-minute module of your choice.
- Receive valuable peer participation and feedback.
- Be guided by our professional training coach to enhance the learners’ experience.
- Get support in creating an action plan to perfect your future sessions.
Take charge of the virtual environment with confidence. Deliver more effective training to suit the needs of your virtual learners. Attract and retain the attention of your online audience and enhance your training offers for your ideal clients.