Virtual Team-building is skyrocketing! As many as 50% of all employees may now be working virtually. Getting this right is important to your business. Despite the increasing trend in virtual working, the majority of virtual teams will suffer some form of performance failure. According to the Gartner Group – 50% of virtual teams fail due to a lack of understanding of how to work virtually. Virtual working can positively impact organizational performance – saving costs, boosting productivity, enhancing job satisfaction and improving cash flow and the ‘bottom line’. Making and managing the transition from traditional models of organizational operations to a virtual environment requires a strong foundation of trust, communication and camaraderie … all capabilities this session will teach you. Participants in this session will learn how to communicate effectively, build a cohesive team that best facilitates communication and collaboration amongst team members.
At the end of the session participants will be able to:
- Describe how collaboration is impacted by virtual communication
- Identify the unique challenges virtual teams face
- Discuss the elements that make a virtual team successful
- Describe how to build trust and connection
- Describe how to manage resilience virtually
- Discuss 3 common challenges virtual teams face and brainstorm solutions to those challenges