Fostering innovative ideas and tapping into the collective intelligence can be difficult when you are working face-to-face, but the challenge is made more difficult when part or all of your team is working virtually.
So, how do we draw on the views of your team when they are not physically located. We learn to share our ideas virtually through virtual collaboration.
Collaboration can enable us to develop new, innovative ideas, solutions and products when we have more open dialogue, engage in experimentation and innovation. The challenge becomes stepping out of our tried-and-true processes that, although familiar can be inefficient and a time waster. In this session, you will learn how to collaborate and innovate at a distance providing you with practical tools that you can apply immediately.
At the end of the session the participants will be able to:
- Define innovation and collaboration
- Describe the 3 phases of innovation
- Describe how to break down silos
- Experience communication mistakes that “shut down” effective communication
- Discuss how to turn “that won’t work” mentality into an openness to explore alternative options
- Describe and experience 3 brainstorming strategies
- Discuss the essential elements of collaboration