Increase Engagement and Productivity
Dysfunction in virtual teams costs organizations millions of dollars a year. Unclear expectations and poor communication can lead to a lack of trust and isolation, resulting in low levels of engagement and frustration with devastating effects on employee retention and productivity.
Build stronger remote teams. These high-touch live virtual programs are designed to inspire positive relationships and intentional collaboration. Give your team the skills to operate and create more dynamic virtual connections. Click each title to discover how these programs set your team up for success.
Beyond the Technology – Towards a High-Performance Virtual Team
So now you are assigning tasks virtually that were previously handled face-to-face. According to the Gartner Group, 50% of virtual teams fail due to a lack of understanding about how to work virtually. Your team members are likely experiencing frustration and stress that can lead to dysfunction, resistance, and a failure to deliver on business objectives. Don’t blame the technology. Developing a high-performance team in a virtual environment takes a whole new set of leadership skills.
In this session, participants will:
- Discuss strategies to build trust and connection for effective virtual team interaction.
- Discuss how to keep your remote workers fully informed to enhance engagement.
- Discuss common virtual teamwork issues and collaborate on solutions.
Boost your virtual team’s performance with skills to navigate their unique challenges. Build more trust, credibility and reliance as a team. Top performing virtual teams have higher morale that increases productivity and job satisfaction. Creating a stronger and more interconnected virtual culture is essential to your resilience, economic prosperity, and competitiveness.
How to Optimize Your Virtual Team Meetings
Virtual team meetings come with unique challenges that can cause you problems if they are not addressed right away. Distractions, multi-tasking, and passive silence can be signs that your team members are feeling disconnected and dissatisfied. Ineffective virtual meetings can cost your organization thousands of dollars and negatively impact your capacity to compete.
This program is designed to help you:
- Avoid the frustration of ill-equipped team leaders who mismanage problems.
- Minimize time wasting and miscommunication due to inefficient discussions in meetings.
- Ensure team members are engaged and contributing to the meeting.
- Relay relevant information to the entire team before and after the meeting.
Meeting time means money. Use these proven techniques to optimize your meeting time and increase everyone’s productivity. Improving the virtual meeting skills of your leaders and managers is essential in today’s world, and an investment that will be felt right away and last into the future.
Building Accountability through the Creation of a Team Operating Agreement (TOA)
To mitigate the pitfalls a virtual environment can bring, the team needs to develop ground rules and operating norms building upon what they have learned in the virtual curriculum. These ground rules and operating norms are established through the collaborative development of the Team Operating Agreement (TOA).
The TOA is a highly effective tool for preventing team dysfunction and improving team productivity. The TOA sets out expectations, norms for acceptable and unacceptable behaviors among the team members, and the mechanisms by which team members will hold each other accountable.
This session will take participants through the first 4 steps of creating and maintaining a Team Operating Agreement:
- Discuss what leaders and team members need from each other to work together more effectively.
- Discuss a 7-step process to improve accountability.
- Identify new actions and behaviours that are agreed upon by the manager and the team.
- Learn 3 proven strategies to hold team members accountable to their work and the agreement.
Set up your team for success with this powerful collaborative session. Giving them the opportunity to work through this together generates buy-in, guides the team’s actions and interactions, and provides a tool to refer to which helps enforce valued behaviour. Imagine how much better an experience it can be for your virtual teams to be unified and working with purpose, clear about their team’s operating norms.
After this program, we recommend all participants join in a follow-up session.
Follow-up session to Building Accountability through the Creation of a Team Operating Agreement (TOA)
It’s easy to learn something new, but hard to make it stick. Trying to align an entire virtual team and change individuals’ engrained behaviours requires on-going support. After the initial 4-step program, your team finishes creating their Team Operating Agreement(s) and puts it into practice. During this session everyone gets to see how it’s going. Without accountability, respect, and follow through, there is a danger that more problems can brew under the surface.
During this follow-up session participants will:
- Share the experience of creating and using their Team Operating Agreement(s).
- Celebrate the successes and collaborate on how to overcome the challenges.
- Deepen their understanding of how to use and maintain their TOA.
- Develop new skills to adopt, adapt, and evaluate the effectiveness of their TOA.
After completing the final 3 steps of the TOA process, your team will have a solid foundation to grow stronger together. When team members take ownership of their agreements to ensure it stays current to changing needs and keep each other accountable, they can focus on what’s important for the business. High performing teams are committed to each other and reach higher together.
Ignite Virtual Collaboration and Innovation
Coming up with ideas to fuel innovation can make some people feel very vulnerable. The physical cues that we pick up on when working in a shared physical space are less present in a virtual environment, if they’re present at all. Sharing one’s thoughts often exposes them to instant judgement or the limiting beliefs of others. This can shut down creative thinking and lead to lack of participation. Being innovative in a virtual environment requires pre-planning and guided facilitation to ensure all participants are engaged, encouraged, and motivated to share openly with confidence and courage.
In this session, participants will learn how to:
- Describe a proven creative collaboration process that can lead to innovation.
- Develop the right mindset for each stage of the process.
- Collaborate more effectively and break down silos.
- Identify communication mistakes that shut down ideas.
- Apply 5 innovative collaboration strategies.
With practical tools and tips that can be applied immediately, your team is ready to collaborate more effectively to build trust, respect, and a safe open space to share and develop ideas. Empower your virtual team to solve complex problems and create a more innovative, competitive edge for your business.